Appearance[edit | edit source]
In Five Nights at Freddy's 2, the original Foxy is still around, and in a further state of disrepair. His suit has become even more tattered and the fur on one of his ears has come off completely. The teeth of his endoskeleton are now highly visible. Notably, the design of the original rips have changed or enlarged slightly and resemble the type of rips seen on Freddy's redesign, showing off the upper portion of the endoskeleton's arms. Oddly, both teaser pictures show Foxy with the standard LED "eyes", while his appearance in the trailer shows he still has his yellow eyes from the first game.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Foxy can rarely be seen on camera. In the Parts/Service, if all of the other animatronics have left, he can be seen, standing in the middle of the room. Foxy slowly makes his way down the hallway to the player's office.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Foxy too acts in a very different way than he did in the first game. He starts at the Parts/Service area before making his way to the hallway outside The Office and will try to pounce the player from there. Foxy, along with The Puppet, completely ignores the Freddy Mask; the only way to prevent Foxy from attacking is to strobe the Flashlight down the hall at him once while he is there. According to Phone Guy, this causes him to "reset," and he will eventually return to the Parts/Service room to continue the cycle. If BB enters the room, the player will be vulnerable to Foxy's attack since he will immediately disable the flashlight.
Foxy can also cause a jumpscare in his special Death Minigame. As soon as the player completes it, Foxy will lunge, seemingly out of nowhere, killing the player and sending them back to Main Menu.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His early appearance in the third teaser for the sequel looks exactly like his appearance from the previous game, only his endoskeleton eyes visible.
- Foxy is the only animatronic that is stopped by the Flashlight. The others are stopped by the Freddy Mask while The Puppet is stopped by the Music Box.
- During the Night 3 phone call, Phone Guy claims that Foxy was always his favorite animatronic character.
- Once the player has reached night 2, from then and onward, Foxy will be the main annoyance and will spend most of the time in the hallway.
- Foxy's AI is so high in the game, that when the player sets the night 7 difficulty to 0 on all, Foxy will still appear, and the player must flash the light, or suffer the consequences.